Thursday, May 24, 2018

Summer Beauty and Fashion Essentials

Last weekend I hosted my first barbecue and patio part of 2018 and everyone had a blast! This year I have a long list of exciting things planned so I’ve rounded-up a few great products to help everyone enjoy the season with style and confidence.


First up are these fun printed kicks called Seas the Day! For just $24.99 (at avon.ca) you can get a variety of trendy summer designs that are great for any outing - whether you are going on a cruise or heading to the park. The inside is lined with Avon’s Cushion Walk insert for soft, supportive comfort and they are very lightweight.


In February I decided it was time for a new black bag that was stylish enough for every occasion and well structured. Let’s ignore the fact that I had just received a $500 leather bag and have a closet bursting at the seams with accessories (I convinced myself it was a necessity). I first spotted this Caroline Neron Large Camden Handbag ($446.00) at a press event and just had to have it! I absolutely love the different patterns, studs and velvet accents on the leather plus the inside has enough pockets and compartments to help me stay organized. This chic purse is perfect for work and events yet fashionable enough for an evening out. The only downside was the ordering process. The company seems to run out of online merchandise very quickly. My first order was cancelled after a week of not receiving a shipping confirmation because the bag was sold-out and customer service failed to inform me. It took a lot of emailing, waiting and phone calls but I am quite happy with my purchase. You can visit the website at carolineneron.com.


Olivia Burton Watches are delicate, trendy and sophisticated. This beautiful 3D honeybee design in rose gold is stunning and unlike anything else in my collection. The brand even engraved my name on the leather band as a personal gift and the feminine patterns and colors make each piece truly unique. The watch below retails for $319.00 at Hudson's Bay and if you are looking for a thoughtful gift for that special someone, this collection does not disappoint.


On sunny summer days you need an awesome pair of shades. I found these unique sunglasses at a small beach shop in Portugal for just €10. The distinctive navy frame is eye-catching and experimenting with shape can add variety to your look.


Avon has a lot of vibrant summer accessories at affordable prices like this pretty multi-colored Flower Market Necklace and Earrings Set ($11.99 at avon.ca). The matching flower ring ($9.99) completes the look and makes a stylish statement.


Mosquitoes are an unfortunate side-effect of being outdoors in the summer and they carry many diseases you should try to avoid at all costs. To protect myself against these annoying little blood suckers, I always stock-up on Avon’s Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus ($7.99 - $14.99). This is one of the best bug sprays on the market and it works without irritating my skin. Despite the fresh breeze fragrance it does smells like bug spray (no surprise there) but I don’t mind the aroma and who cares about a little repellent scent when you’re protecting your health?! I’ve taken this spray on every vacation and it makes a huge difference! When I forget to wear it, I get bitten and when I remember, I don’t get any bites. I spray it directly on my skin or over clothing and the formula is now available in portable wipes which are perfect for your purse or pocket. For even more protection I also use the OFF Clip-On Fan with refillable pads. Simply attach it to your clothes or purse and the fan emits repellent around your body for 360˚ of protection – those pesky little buggers don’t stand a chance!


For a night out, MesmoreEyes False Lashes ($12.00) are thick and luscious. The 3-pack also comes with a simple pair for daytime wear. The lashes are made with 100% sterilized human hair for authenticity and comfort. (Available at: amazon.ca, Pharmasave, Guardian IDA and Value Drug Mart Stores.)


Some of the fragrances you wear in the winter may be too strong for summer so lighten things up with a refreshing body spray. Body Fantasies and Bodycology have created new scents that are feminine, sweet and charming. Hearts & Daisies ($7.99) is fun, flirty and floral – great for strolling the farmer’s market or date night (available at Shoppers Drug Mart June 2018). Cherry Blossom ($6.97) is popular for spring with an alluring splash of fruit and floral.


Heat and humidity isn’t always fun, especially when it makes your hair puffier than a poodle. For straight styles, bouncy curls and sexy updos, you’ll need finishing products that keep your mane neat and sleek. Finesse Ultra Hold Hairspray and Control + Define Styling Gel retail for just under $3.00 each and provide superior control to tame frizz in all weather.


Avon’s new Radiant Glow Collection will have you glistening in the sun like a golden Goddess.
Start with the creamy Polish ($9.99) to buff-away dead, dull layers with a blend of moisturizing oils and Vitamin E. When skin is smooth and soft, spritz on the Dry Oil Mist ($9.99) infused with nourishing emollients and golden shimmer for a glittering finish.

Another new product I love is the Anew Gold Peel Off Mask ($39.00) infused with Vitamin B3, real gold, silver extract and botanicals. The formula enhances your glow by evening skin tone, smoothing and reducing the looks of blemishes and age spots. It dries in about 15 minutes and as you peel it off, you can feel the dirt, impurities and sebum lifting out of your pores! (Available at avon.ca).


Most of us keep hand cream in our bags but the Purple Tree Miracle Balm with Pomegranate Oil ($6.99) moisturizes parched skin, soothes cracked lips, alleviates irritation and heals brittle nails and cuticles. You can also use it to tame unruly brows and condition dry lashes which makes it great for travel. I suggest using a small amount and letting it absorb before applying more since there is a bit of residue. (Available at: Rexall, Pharma Plus, London Drugs and more).


I've tried many sunscreens that have irritated my skin, caused excessive greasiness and cast a weird blue or white film over my face with stickiness and disgusting scents. Prevention + from Image Skincare ($90.00) is the only sunscreen that works for me and the antioxidant rich formula creates a healthy glow with a lightweight finish and no residue. The tint melts into my complexion evenly and blends seamlessly with outstanding protection. It also works well under makeup without oxidizing. For more information visit the website at imageskincare.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...