Sunday, March 18, 2018

Roasted Cheesy Cauliflower Recipe

It’s Sunday evening, I don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing dinner and I’ve had a cauliflower sitting in the fridge for a few days. Thankfully I caught this morning’s episode of Barefoot Contessa which inspired me to try something different and healthy (win, win).

Cauliflower has been gaining popularity recently and people are even using it to make pizza dough! This brain-y looking veggie is one of my favorites because the mild flavor makes it easy to season in a variety of delicious ways. It is also high in vitamin C and fiber with very few calories.

Instead of steaming my cauliflower and devouring it ravenously like I usually do, I roasted it. This method gives the florets a dry, crispy texture instead of that squidgy, wetness is usually has.


1. Cut the stem off, slice from the bottom and pull apart the florets.
2. Wash thoroughly.
3. Dry cauliflower with paper towel and lay on a baking tray covered in parchment paper.
4. Sprinkle with your favorite seasonings – I used garlic powder, Mrs Dash Original (unsalted), seasoning salt (instead of regular salt), onion powder and black pepper.
5. Drizzle with Olive Oil and mix.
6. Bake for about 25 mins at 350˚ or until cauliflower is crispy and cooked to perfection.
7. Remove tray from oven and sprinkle with your favorite cheese (I used cheddar).
8. Pop it back in and bake until cheese is melted. I went light on the cheese to cut calories but feel free to go crazy.
9. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve right away (it tastes better hot).

Voila – a yummy side dish that your family will love! Cheese makes everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...